An easy weeknight pasta dish that you can make in one pot!
One-Pot Creamy Chicken Mushroom Pasta
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in chunks
2 cups sliced white or button mushrooms
1 white onion, sliced
3 cups chicken stock
1 ½ cups heavy cream
1 cup Marsala wine*
3 cups uncooked penne pasta
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Fresh parsley (optional garnish)
1. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
2. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil, and the mushrooms and onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until onions are browned, stirring occasionally.
3. Return the chicken to the pot. Add the stock, cream, wine, and pasta and bring up to a simmer. Add the pasta and cover.
4. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. When pasta is tender, stir in parmesan cheese until smooth. Remove from heat.
6. Garnish with fresh parsley.
*Marsala wine can be purchased at most grocery stores near the dessert or sweet wines and gives the dish a distinct flavor. However, if you can’t get your hands on Marsala, you can substitute 1 cup of white wine plus 1 ½ tablespoons of brandy.
Licensed via Warner Chappell Production Music Inc.
Made by BFMP www.buzzfeed.com/videoteam