Watch this video to learn how to make the yummy, melt in the mouth Chicken Pulao
500 grams chicken on bone, cut into pieces
1½ cups Basmati rice, soaked and drained
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
6-8 green chillies, slit
½ tablespoon chopped mint leaves
½ tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
4-6 green cardamoms
10-12 black peppercorns
½ cup yogurt
¾ teaspoon red chilli powder
2 tablespoons ghee
1 inch cinnamon
1-2 bay leaves
2 medium onions, sliced
1. Take chicken pieces in a bowl. Add salt, ginger-garlic paste, 3-4 green chillies, chopped mint, chopped coriander, 2-3 green cardamoms, 3-4 cloves, 5-6 peppercorns, yogurt and chilli powder and mix well. Set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
2. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add remaining cloves, cinnamon, remaining peppercorns, remaining green cardamoms, bay leaves and remaining green chillies, mix and sauté till fragrant.
3. Add onions, mix and sauté till golden. Add the chicken alongwith the marinade, mix well and cook on high heat for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add rice and salt and mix lightly. Add 3 cups water, mix well, cover and cook till the rice and chicken are fully done.
5. Serve hot garnished with a coriander sprig.
Preparation Time: 60-70minutes
Cooking Time:15-20 minutes
Click to Subscribe:
Cookware by :